In March 1920, the Bank had a stand at the National Trades Exhibition in Bingley Hall, Broad Street, Birmingham. Further exhibitions
were attended during the rest of the 1920s. The Bank's annual report to the City Council on May 31st 1927 described the British Industries
Fair of that year as follows:
The Bank again took part in the Fair in February, 1927, having a stand near to the room used by the Lord
Mayor. Considerable attention was devoted to the Bank by visitors to the Fair, particularly by those interested in other Municipalities.
On the 22nd February, when the Lord Mayor entertained a large number of civic heads, HRH the Prince of Wales also paid a visit to
the Fair, and the civic representatives were presented to the Prince by the Lord Mayor, the Bank stand being used for the purpose.
Lord Mayor of London (Sir Rowland Blades, MP) also paid a State visit to the Fair, accompanied by his two Sheriffs. Sir Rowland was
very much interested in the work of the Bank, and after examining the charts and records, enrolled himself as a depositor.
distinguished visitor was the Prime Minister (The Rt Hon Stanley Baldwin, MP), who expressed his appreciation of the success of the
Bank, and opened an account.
The Bank also took stands at the Ideal Homes Exhibitions
during the 1960s; these exhibitions were also held at Bingley Hall. The following two photographs show the Bank's stand at one of
these events - probably in 1969, as the stand features the logo that celebrated the Bank's Golden Jubilee.
On the right of the photograph is Alban Clemons, who as the Bank's Development Officer was later to be responsible for overseeing
two major projects:
This photograph shows a Saint Bernard's dog with a Home Safe around its neck.
Above the dog is the Bank's Golden Jubilee symbol